Fat Fink Compact Solid State Decoupler
|Tested & Certified|
|All M.C.Miller Decouplers are manufactured to the highest quality standards. Each unit is tested and certified to ensure specification compliance and a serialized certificate is provided with each order.|
The Fat Fink Compact Solid State Decoupler (SSD-F) functions as a DC voltage level clamping device in buried pipeline and storage tank systems.
- Smaller Compact Design
- Isolation Switch is built into the unit to remove interference for survey and testing
- Wide range of options to suit specifications and design requirements
- Sharp Turn on Feature
- Solid State Technology
- Short Circuit to Ground - “effective ground fault path”
- Limited application
- Easy installation and optional accessories
Please note: this compact unit is installed and supplied with the Fat Fink enclosure. This compact decoupler housing offers no environmental certifications.
It can, at the same time, mitigate AC voltage. This feature allows up to 45A AC induced current to pass through and prevents the flow of DC current while the DC voltage remains below the predetermined design blocking threshold. When the DC voltage exceeds this threshold, the device instantly switches on forming a near short circuit and limits the DC voltage of the device under Cathodic Protection. The voltage falls immediately after the surge event passes and decays below the threshold level, the SSD then switches off and reverts to its blocking mode (“Off State”).
Both cathodic protection applied DC and induced AC present on the operating circuit (insulated / coated structure) is short circuited (to ground). Once “on”, current flowing through the device can maintain it in the conducting state even when the voltage fault threshold has fallen below the set level. Their application can result in surging of cathodic protection power supplies.
Typical current discharge limits are 1.2kA, 2kA, 3.7kA, and 5kA for 30 cycles. .
Solid State Decoupler (SSD) devices are typically factory set to standard thresholds ranging from +2V to –2V through –20V.
- Available with AC fault current rating 1.2kA, 2kA, 3.7kA, and 5kA for 30 cycles
- Wide DC clamping voltage range +2V; -2V, -5.6 V, -9.2 V , -12.8 V, -16.4 V, -20 V
- High steady state DC current drain
- 50/60 Hz AC impedance of 0.04 Ω (Extra)
- AC steady state current 45 A @ 50/60 Hz (Extra)
- Lightning impulse current rating Class 1: 100 kA for 10/350 µs
- Lightning DC spark over voltage -600 V