Polarization Cell Replacements
Polarization Cell Replacement (PCR) solid state decoupler devices which conduct once a predetermined voltage has been attained. Once conducting, they maintain the predetermined volt drop across the device. The voltage clamping devices will “soft turn on” as the threshold approaches and have a partial turn on, bleeding more and more current off of the pipeline as the voltage threshold is approached. Once at predetermined threshold, the voltage will be clamped while the conduction will be at maximum.
The Voltage clamping devices comply with NFPA 70 guidelines as they do not ”Short Circuit” the current or the voltage off the pipeline.
These types of devices can have AC mitigation circuits in parallel to decouple AC steady state interference from overhead powerlines on the pipe to cater for AC voltage below the cathodic protection DC fault threshold level. Once “on”, current flowing through the device will not keep the device conducting if the voltage falls below the predetermined threshold.
Clamping devices are heat generation (ignition temperatures in Hazardous zones) and relative physical size whilst they comply with NFP 70 guidelines.
Wide DC clamping voltage range +2V/-2V, +1V/-3V, +1V/-12V. Other range options available on request.
- Largest and most robust unit In the Decoupler Range
- Wide range of options to suit specifications and design requirements
- Solid State Technology
- Slow Turn on
- Volt Drop across the Device – ( Does not Short Circuit) “effective ground fault path” as defined by National Fire Protection Act, article 250.2(USA). Once “on”, current flowing through the device will not keep the device conducting if the voltage falls below the predetermined threshold.
- Suitable for all applications
- Meets NFPA 70 requirements & guidelines
- Easy installation and optional accessories
- “Effective ground fault path” as defined by National Fire Protection Act (NFPA), article 250.2(USA)
- "Clamping Devices" guideline in National Fire Protection Act (NFPA) 70
*Please use the Filter option below to narrow specifications, or browse the table list of standard PCR decoupler units we offer.
- Decoupler Brochure and Selection Guide *Please note, not all options shown may be available. Contact us at 772-794-9448 for full selection availability.
- Decoupler Brochure Page 2019
- AC fault current rating 1.2 kA and 3.7 kA for 30 cycles.
- Wide DC clamping voltage range +2V/-2V, +1V/-3V, +1V/-12V. Other range options available on request.
- High steady state DC current drain
- 60 Hz AC impedance of 0.04 Ω
- AC steady state current 45 A @ 50/60 Hz
- Lightning DC spark over voltage -600 V
- IP68 Submersible design up to two meters in depth
- Exe (Hazardous Areas 1 and 2)