IonX RE-5 Type Electrode
Note: In order to ensure proper operation and calibration of your IonX RE-5 or RE-5C, the manufacture and calibration of your electrodes are not completed until your order is placed. Your choice of shipping method will be used once your order is ready to ship.
All new M.C.Miller IonX portable electrodes include a Calibration Certificate.
- IonX Portable Reference Electrode
- Electrode Calibration Certificate
- 2 oz Squeeze Bottle of Electrode Solution for "Top-Ups"
- No copper sulfate solution leakage ("Green" Electrodes)
- No need to handle, store or dispose of hazardous copper sulfate crystals or copper sulfate anti-freeze solutions
- Electrodes arrive "ready-to-use" - no need to prepare chemicals etc. in the field.
- All IonX Portable Electrodes are calibrated at the factory and are shipped with a certificate of calibration.
- Electrode potentials are in the range 316mV ±10mV at 25°C versus Standard Hydrogen Electrode (SHE)
- Electrodes can be stored at temperatures down to -20°C
- Electrodes have the same threading as conventional M. C. Miller portable electrodes (for connection to standard canes and electrode extensions).
- The robust ceramic plugs are customized for IonX electrodes.
IonX Portable Electrodes are in a "ready-to-use" state upon completion of the manufacturing process and their electrode potentials are measured at the factory, prior to shipping. A certificate of calibration is issued for each electrode which, in addition to indicating the electrode potential as measured at the factory, presents the certification date and the expiration date, which is 12 months beyond the date of certification. IonX Portable Electrodes can be returned annually to the factory for a calibration "check-up".
As is the case for other equipment items, such as voltmeters, for which annual calibration checking is suggested, M. C. Miller offers a calibration check-up service for IonX Portable Reference Electrodes. Please call for the current service price, which includes a new 12 month certificate of calibration. An electrode will only be issued a calibration certificate if its electrode potential falls in the range 316mV +/- 10mV, versus the Standard Hydrogen Electrode (SHE). Should the external ceramic plug require replacement in order to bring an electrode into calibration, the customer would be informed and the cost of a replacement plug would be added to the service cost.
Processing time at the M. C. Miller facility will be 5-10 business days, depending on the condition of the electrode as-received, for the re-calibration service. Shipping costs are the customer's responsibility. A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number is required to accompany a returned electrode. A RMA number can be obtained from our sales department.
The "active" (half-cell) solution in an IonX Portable Electrode (saturated copper sulfate solution) is contained in a sealed unit that incorporates a non-porous, ionically-conducting plug (see MP Articles for details).
Safety Data Sheet (SDS):
- Length: 6.5 inches* (16.51 cm)*
- Max Diameter: 1.375 inches (3.49 cm)
- Weight: 6.5 ounces* (0.184 kg)*
- Connector end: Male 1/4-20 Threaded End with Thumb Nut
*Measurements are approximate