Miller Insulation Checker (M.I.C.)
All new M.C.Miller meters include a Calibration Certificate.
M.C.Miller has created a DIGITAL Above Ground Insulation Checker (M.I.C) which is:
- COMPACT- Fits easily in your hand or carried in your back pocket
- SIMPLE TO USE- Employs bright Pass/Fail LEDs for quick readings
- EFFICIENT - "Push-To-Test" button ensures no power is wasted when the unit is idle, greatly increasing battery life
- Comes with belt carry bag with secure velcro enclosure
- Uses Radio Frequency technology to distinguish between insulation shorts and shorts associated with interconnected piping
- Checks all types and sizes of insulators - Flanges, dressers, couplings or unions - whether in parallel or series
- Locates shorted bolts - Eliminates costly and unnecessary replacement of good bolt insulators
- Evaluates partially shorted insulators
- Easy to operate - Clear operating procedure reduces training time
- Quick - Fast "touch probe" operation eliminates guesswork and additional wires, coils, etc.
- Enclosure: Heavy duty electronic instrument enclosure. Molded in flame retardant ABS plastic.
- Power Source: Two AA size alkaline batteries
- Operating Temperature Range (alkaline battery limited): -4°F to 131°F (-20°C to 55°C)
- Recommended Storage Temperature Range (alkaline battery limited): -4°F to 95°F (-20°C to 35°C)
- Max Dimensions:
- Length: 6.2 inches (15.8 cm)
- Width: 3.6 inches (9.1 cm)
- Depth: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)