Miller Insulation Checker (M.I.C.)
M. C. Miller has created a DIGITAL Above Ground Insulation Checker which is:
- COMPACT- Fits easily in your hand or carried in your back pocket
- SIMPLE TO USE - Employs bright Pass/Fail LEDs for quick readings
- EFFICIENT - "Push-To-Test" button ensures no power is wasted when the unit is idle, greatly increasing battery life
- Uses Radio Frequency technology to distinguish between insulation shorts and shorts associated with interconnected piping
- Checks all types and sizes of insulators - Flanges, dressers, couplings or unions - whether in parallel or series
- Locates shorted bolts - Eliminates costly and unnecessary replacement of good bolt insulators
- Evaluates partially shorted insulators
- Easy to operate - Clear operating procedure reduces training time
- Quick - Fast "touch probe" operation eliminates guesswork and additional wires, coils, etc.
- Enclosure: Heavy duty electronic instrument enclosure. Molded in flame retardant ABS plastic.
- Power Source: Two AA size alkaline batteries
- Operating Temperature Range (alkaline battery limited): -4 °F to 131 °F (-20 °C to +55 °C)
- Recommended Storage Temperature Range (alkaline battery limited): -4 °F to 95 °F (-20 °C to +35 °C)
- Max Dimensions: 6.2" L x 3.6" W x 1.5" H (15.8 cm x 9.1 cm x 3.8 cm)