Analog Potential Meter Kit
All new M.C.Miller meters include a Calibration Certificate.
The Model IA voltmeter (Analog Potential Meter) is designed for ease of use by meter readers and corrosion technicians alike and the voltmeter comes with an integrated RE-5 reference electrode attached for "metallic structure-to-soil" potential difference readings.
The kit also includes a test lead for electrical connection to a metallic structure.
The voltmeter offers a 0 - 2 VDC range with a 10 MΩ input impedance and the analog display presents a color divided scale for convenient indication as to whether or not a carbon-steel structure is receiving a suitable level of cathodic protection, with respect to the accepted 0.85 V (850 mV) threshold value.
Note: Only positive voltage values are displayed
An optionally available electrode extension can be used to eliminate having to bend over to have the reference electrode placed in contact with soil – see, for example, our 30 inch Electrode Extension (Item #16203) below:
- 2½" taut-band rugged instrument
- Weatherproofed neoprene gasket
- 10 MΩ input resistance
- Solid-state impedance amplifier
- Operates on one small 9V transistor battery, low drain - long shelf life push switch to check battery condition, battery easily replaced and readily available.
- Push switch to read potentials, current drain only while taking readings.
- Scale marked 0VDC to 2VDC, color band: Red to 0.85VDC, Green to 2VDC.
- Filter eliminates errors caused by AC, Up to 50 volts 50/60 Hz
- Operating temperature: 0°F to 150°F (-18°C to 66°C)
- Molded PVC housing
- Plastic carrying case with resilient padding
- Modular construction
- Weight: 3.0 pounds (1.36 kg)
- Size: 2.5 inches (6.35 cm) deep x 10.0 (25.4 cm) inches long (including the reference electrode).