Analog Potential Meter Kit
All new M. C. Miller meters include a Calibration Certificate
The "Model IA" voltmeter (Analog Potential Meter) is designed for ease of use by meter readers and corrosion technicians alike and the voltmeter comes with an integrated RE-5 reference electrode attached for "metallic structure-to-soil" potential difference readings. The kit also includes a test lead for electrical connection to a metallic structure. The voltmeter offers a 0 - 2 VDC range with a 10 MΩ input impedance and the analog display presents a color divided scale for convenient indication as to whether or not a carbon-steel structure is receiving a suitable level of cathodic protection, with respect to the accepted 0.85 V (850 mV) threshold value.
Note: Only positive voltage values are displayed
An optionally available electrode extension can be used to eliminate having to bend over to have the reference electrode placed in contact with soil – see, for example, our 30 in Electrode Extension below
• 2½" taut-band rugged instrument.
• Weatherproofed neoprene gasket.
• 10 MΩ input resistance.
• Solid-state impedance amplifier.
• Operates on one small 9V transistor battery, low drain - long shelf life, push switch to check battery condition, battery easily replaced and readily available.
• Push switch to read potentials, current drain only while taking readings.
• Scale marked 0VDC to 2VDC, color band: Red to 0.85VDC, Green to 2VDC.
• Filter eliminates errors caused by AC, Up to 50 volts 50/60 Hz.
• Operating temperature: 0°F to 150°F.
• Molded PVC housing.
• Plastic carrying case with resilient padding.
• Modular construction
• Weight: about 3 lbs.
• Size: 2 ½" deep x 10" long.