Digital Tank Test Kit
All new M. C. Miller meters include a Calibration Certificate
Our Digital Tank Test Kit represents an easy-to-use testing kit, allowing both “structure-to-soil” and “structure-to-structure” voltage readings to be taken on above-grade and under-ground storage tanks.
The voltmeter included in the kit, the “Model DPM” voltmeter, is designed for ease of use by meter readers and corrosion technicians alike and comes with an integrated RE-5 reference electrode attached for “metallic structure-to-soil” potential difference readings. The kit also includes a special test lead that has a brass thumb screw on one end which allows the test lead to substitute for the RE-5 reference electrode. This substitution allows the voltmeter to take “structure-to-structure” potential difference readings. The voltmeter offers two ranges, ±2 VDC and ±20 VDC with a 20 MΩ input impedance. Since the voltmeter is digital both negative and positive voltages are displayed.
- RE-5 reference electrode included
- 8’ black test lead with 46C clip included
- 8’ green test lead with 27C clip and brass thumb screw included
- An optionally available electrode extension can be used to eliminate having to bend over to have the reference electrode placed in contact with soil – see, for example, our
30” Electrode Extension below
• Large 1/2" LCD digits.
• Weatherproofed neoprene gasket.
• 20MΩ input resistance.
• Solid state impedance amplifier.
• Operates on one small 9V battery, low drain - long shelf life
• Battery easily replaced and readily available.
• Automatic low-battery indication on display.
• Push one button to read +2V; push two buttons to read +20V while taking reading.
• Digital readout: +1.999V or +19.99V.
• Filter eliminates errors caused by AC, up to 50 volts, 50/60 Hz.
• Operating temperature: -4°F to 185°F.
• Molded polycarbonate housing.
• Plastic carrying case with resilient padding.
• Modular construction.
• Weight: 3 lbs.
• Size: 2 ½" deep x 10" long (including reference electrode).